Friday, September 5, 2008

just saying......

Checking in tonight to say, my blog has been stiff lately. Sorry

Soooo, here is my tonight happenings - Ed and I went out (about 8:30pm) to catch a bite at "Red Seven" it's a place in Lafayette that gets the community feel pretty well. I can't say I measured up to a stellar date. I was pouty and quiet. Why???? I felt jilted a bit. Yes, that high maintanace stuff again. Ed really hung in there though, past his patience. He tried all kinds of opening lines that I let fall with no energy back. He told me I looked great..... I didn't care what he thought.
All said, I just hadn't had any time with him, enough time to feel like a team anyway. We set
some focus/vision stuff for the fall and more talk and tadaaa~...... relationships just take time.
You would think after about 30 years we'ld have it covered. Nope.

We went on the walking bridge after our talk and found a whole church "outreach" with a small band singing on the bridge. They were talented singers, but the amps were way too loud and it smashed the sound.... very unfortunate. We walked past as we were hit by three or four people with "are we Christians?" question

-What do you think? Ummmm, I listened to the comments of other people passing by, it wasn't favorable. I felt bad for the whole situation, especially the small bands of people in prayer circles. It was too in your face and yet their hearts seemed right. We need to reach souls for Christ, but how? -or maybe they were on?

It made us tired and we went home.
So this is my straight talk for the night instead of stiff stuff.

good night all, Annette

2 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

Hey mom...boy do I understand the time issue. It can be hard when things get busy to stay connected to your spouce. And the outreach...I like the invite me to your home...then your heart...then your church mentality. People get junk mail everyday, commercials every show and everything is in your face. Christian hospitality and genuine love seems to rise above all that. =o) SO keep having people over and show 'em some love. =o)

Ann

Annette Bahler said...

yeah, well put, Ann. It's hard to know when to invite who to your house. That I suppose would be the prayer request on my heart.

thanks Ann----mom